- I haven’t completely abandoned hope.
- Every time I can look at my credit card statement without cringing is a victory.
- Figuring out medical insurance coverage gives me heart palpitations.
- Age is just a number that brings out so many feelings.
- I still have that one shirt in my closet that’s my “nice” shirt, so I never get to wear it.
- Whenever I feel like a failure, I pretend it’s an artistic choice.
- When people don’t like me, it doesn’t make me sad. I’m like, no, I get that.
- Friends regularly recommend that I go to therapy. It’s not a good sign, but it helps me narrow down my friends.
- Unintended eye contact is no longer frightening. I’m just happy when someone acknowledges my existence.
- Every time I see kids being kids, I want to tell them they’re doing it all wrong.
- Every time I see teenagers, I’m happy to be an adult.
- Every time I see someone else in their twenties, I want to ask them how we got here.
Networking is bullshit. It’s the most necessary piece of bullshit I’ve ever seen, especially in Los Angeles, but then again, strong words for strong feelings. So while you’re wading through the crap, congratulations, you’re doing something that’s supposed to help you. Let’s see if there’s any way to make sense of it. Continue reading
I spent 6 dollars on a cup of coffee yesterday. Granted, when I walked in that was not my expectation. I was thinking it’d be $3.50, $4.00 tops. It was delicious, by the way. They individually brew and make every cup. This is Los Angeles. Let me explain. Continue reading
It’s that day again, Friday…but it’s also HALLOWEEN! So whether corgi costumes or psychedelic parties are your thing, the end of October has something to offer for everyone. Since sharing is caring, let me divulge on a few things.