- Binge drinking becomes alcoholism.
- Responsibility for your drunk friend becomes responsibility for a drunk dumpling with suicidal tendencies. If you’ve ever seen a toddler, you know.
- Slang becomes a marker of your age or a desperate attempt to stay relevant. Time to throw out my YOLO t-shirt and get ratchet in this bae. Is that a thing? I can’t even… Someone help me.
- House parties become dinner parties, which are great excuses pretend you’re an adult (as though you don’t wash all your clothes on a standard cold cycle and really do understand how to use your medical insurance).
- Pizza nights become instant extra inches in your waistband and lower self-esteem.
- Overnighters become sleep. Anything else is just not worth it.
- Hopeless romantics become hopeless because after college it’s exponentially harder to meet new people, except that time you hooked up with Jamie in Accounting during the office Chrismukkah party. And it doesn’t count.
- Roommates become significant others. Or cats. Sometimes they become cats.